Our Strategic Plan
Mission, Vision, Values
At Trillium, we anticipate and respond to the changing unique and diverse health care needs of our patients and communities.
- Focus on providing excellent acute and specialized care
- Build and strengthen our roles in regional tertiary services, including cardiac sciences, neurosciences and musculoskeletal medicine
- Lead in the delivery of ambulatory care
- Lead in providing seniors’ focused care
- Collaborate with other providers and community partners to advance an integrated continuum of care for our patients
- Provide an academically affiliated learning environment to teach the next generation of health care professionals
Your Health. Our Passion – for Life
Every day, we will positively impact the lives of our patients and their families by providing the best care right here in our community.
- We are passionate about excellence in health care.
- We are relentless in our pursuit of the highest quality care through continuous learning, innovation and achieving breakthrough improvements.
- We are inspired to deliver superior health care and an extraordinary patient experience.
We will always be here for you, when you need us, on your journey to optimal health.
Our Core Values
Outstanding health care delivered with care and compassion and respecting the rich diversity of our community.
Collaborative, respectful relationships with each other, our patients, their families and our partners.
Curiosity, courage and the confidence to take risks in the pursuit of innovation.
Partner with our people in lifelong learning that advances our capacity to provide patient-centred care.
Value the rich diversity of our workforce and support individual to achieve harmony in their lives.
Our Philosophy of Care
Our patients and families told us what is most important to them in their health, wellbeing and how they are treated. We can best meet these expectations by:
Providing access to excellent care
Sharing meaningful information with our patients to help them make decisions
Involving our patients and those most important to them in their care
Listening and responding to our patients’ unique needs
Caring for our patients with respect, compassion and dignity
Keeping our patients comfortable in a safe environment
Trillium’s Strategic Plan 2009/10-2011/12 is the culmination of extensive research, including a comprehensive understanding of our shifting demographics, future health care trends, as well as regional and provincial government directions. Our plan builds upon a strong foundation of past achievements and learnings. The voices of our many internal and external stakeholders have been instrumental in helping to establish the directions that will shape our future over the next few years and help us to advance our vision, Your Health. Our Passion – for Life.
Embedded in each of our five strategic themes are the hopes and aspirations of Trillium’s Board, senior leadership team, our patients, staff, physicians, volunteers and the broader community we serve. This is what inspired health care is all about.