For Physicians & Health Professionals
Infection Prevention and Control
Trillium Health Centre is committed to providing our patients with the best possible quality care. Patient safety is a top priority at Trillium and every effort is made to prevent and control the spread of infections.
Strict infection control
protocols are in place throughout our facility and Trillium
works closely with Peel Public Health and Toronto Public Health
to ensure our action plans are as comprehensive as possible,
to minimize the number of patients who develop infection and
to reduce the possibility of transmission.
Of particular importance is the control of antibiotic-resistant bacteria such as C. difficile, VRE and MRSA. These bacteria are of concern to health care providers as they are resistant to a large number of antibiotics commonly used to treat infections.
To prevent and control the spread of infections, Trillium does the following:
- Follows provincial and federal best practice guidelines for infection prevention and control
- Has a comprehensive hand hygiene program
- Has a state-of-the-art cleaning program
- Has an antibiotics stewardship program
- Is transparent in reporting infection rates and hand hygiene audits.
- Has a process in place to review, analyze, learn and improve infection control practices