For Physicians & Health Professionals
Research Office at Trillium Health Centre
The Research Office supports innovative health research by Trillium staff and collaborates in health research initiatives with other organizations. Our staff and physicians lead and participate in health research initiatives aimed at providing the best quality of care to our patients.
Trillium actively promotes encourages and supports research initiatives across the health care spectrum. We are currently engaged in primary research in many areas, including biomedical, behavioural, and social science research.
Resources for Trillium Researchers
The Research Office provides:
- Grant opportunities information
- Expertise in writing successful grant applications
- Research education and access to research education materials
- Access to expertise in, and assistance with developing and conducting meaningful statistical analysis of existing outcome data
- Assistance with preparing submissions for publication in peer reviewed scientific journals, including case reports
We encourage and assist our researchers to take advantage of all of our organization’s resources.
Oversight and Administration
Trillium’s research initiatives operate in accordance with the:
- Canadian Food and Drugs Act and its applicable regulations
- Ontario Personal Health Information Protection Act, 2004 (PHIPA)
- International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) Good Clinical Practice (GCP) Consolidated Guideline
- Tri-Council Policy Statement: Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans (TCPS)
- Office for Human Research Protections (OHRP) Terms of Federal Wide Assurance (FWA) for International (non-U.S.) Institutions
Trillium maintains active registration with the Office for Human Research Protections by way of our Federal Wide Assurance.
Trillium requires that all research activity involving (1) the use of Trillium staff and/or services, (2) participation of Trillium staff and/or patients, and/or (3) collection and/or disclosure of Trillium staff and/or patient information/materials, is initiated and conducted in a manner that is in line with all applicable Guidelines, Regulations, Acts and internal policies.
It is Trillium’s standard that all site investigators and study staff warrant the high quality scientific merit and conduct of all research projects they engage in to protect the safety, rights and well-being of all human research subjects.
All Trillium research operations are coordinated and managed through Trillium’s Research Office. All research projects and their respective research agreements must be submitted to Trillium through the Research Office.
Additional assistance and direction is available to all researchers and study staff through Trillium’s Research Office.
Various policies, procedures, protocols and decision making charts have been developed to support researchers and study staff at Trillium. Please contact the Research Office for more information.
- Research Decision Chart 1
- Research Decision Chart 2
- Research Decision Chart 3
- Research Decision Chart 4
- Research Decision Chart 5
- Research Decision Chart 6
- Research Decision Chart 7
Trillium Health Centre
100 Queensway West – 3rd Floor Clinical and Administrative Building
Phone: 905-848-7580 ext 2210