Programs & Services
Neurosciences and Musculoskeletal Services
Centre - Mississauga
Trillium's new Fracture Clinic, featuring state-of-the-art facilities and equipment, opened in February 2008 and has already improved access and the quality of care our patients receive.
"The new clinic helps to decrease wait times, provides child-friendly spaces and improves patients' access to specialized procedures such as testing for osteoporosis," says Dr. Vir Sennik, orthopaedic surgeon and founder/ champion of the Diwali fundraising gala.
Donor and community generosity made clinic possible
The Fracture Clinic was made possible thanks to the incredible generosity and support of our South Asian community and many Capital Campaign donors. In 2007, $555,000 was raised for the much-needed clinic at the annual Diwali gala.
More than 22,000 patients visit Trillium's Fracture Clinic each year. Services provided include:
- Acute and follow-up fracture care
- Advanced casting techniques and care by Certified Orthopaedic Technologists
- Post-operative follow-up care for elective and non-elective patients
- Consultations with an Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Custom Functional Knee Bracing including assessment, fitting and follow-up care as well as off-the-shelf bracing for knees
- Customized upper extremity fracture bracing
- Spinal Bracing including assessment, fitting and follow-up care
- Splinting of acute and chronic musculoskeletal conditions
- Viscosupplementation program for osteoarthritis of the knee.
Based on your individual needs at the time of your clinic visit, you may need additional X-Rays or procedures as determined by your orthopaedic surgeon.
Patients are seen in order of their appointment times, not arrival times, for both a consultation or cast work. Please follow the tips below to make your appointments easy as possible:
- Bring your health card.
- Allow up to three hours for your entire visit. Avoid booking other appointments during this time.
- If necessary, please bring along an English Interpreter.
- Bring a maximum of only one family member or friend to accompany you. Space is limited.
- If driving, patients should enter via the Main (East) Entrance. Patients being dropped-off can use the Family Care Centre (North) entrance. Route maps are available at the Main Entrance information desk.
- Certain procedures and products are not covered by OHIP. Please be prepared to pay for these charges at time of treatment. Visa and Interac are accepted.
Fracture Health Care Team
Trillium's Fracture Clinic health care team consists of an interdisciplinary team of Orthopaedic Surgeons, an Advanced Orthopaedic Technologist, Orthopaedic Technologists, Orthopaedic Technicians, Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists. A Clinical Educator and a Manager complements the team.
Drug or Latex Allergies
If you have a known or suspected drug or latex allergy, please inform us at the time of registration in the Fracture Clinic.